Trillian App Review
Trillian is a free instant messaging and video chat service designed for Windows PCs and Macs. It functions as a messenger that can connect to many different chat networks, including Facebook Chat, Google Talk, AIM, and Yahoo Messenger. It also contains a built-in video chat available in a web browser and a desktop app.
Trillian was created by Cerulean Studios, founded in 1996 by a group of developers from Carnegie Mellon University.
Trillian is also available for Windows and Mac.
- video chat that functions in a web browser and as a desktop app
- voice and video call
- text chat
- customizable chat list
- chat widget
- notification system
- chat list that can be filtered by contact or chat type
- chat search function
- chat room
- feature that blocks messages from people who are not on the contact list
- chat-to-text function
- private chat room
- private chat list
- Windows 8 notification system
- message that informs the user when a contact is typing
- Customizable keyboard shortcuts
- chat avatar
- chat status indicator
- chat history
- Able to run Trillian on your private servers
- Pricing plans scaled to the number of users
- A serious approach to internal security
Users don't like:
- Customer service options can be a bit lacking
- Apart from security, many functions are available through free software
Why to choose/Best for:
- Group chats and one on one conversations
- Dense and powerful administrative options
- Integrate Trillian with existing chat apps
- Get App
- Trillian FAQ
Resetting your password
- Click here to open the password recovery area of our website.
- Type your Trillian username and email address and click Request.
- An email will be sent to your registered Trillian email address with further instructions.
Viewing chat history
There are two main ways to view previous chat history in Trillian: scrolling back and through the dedicated history viewer. Trillian supports infinite chat history, meaning it will continue to load and render previous messages within a chat window as long as you continue to scroll the window upwards and as long as it is content to render. In addition, the dedicated chat history viewer exposes calendar-based browsing and a search option.
- Click the scroll bar and drag it upwards. As you reach the top of your window, Trillian will detect this and begin the process of loading additional messages.
- Use the
Page Downkeys on your keyboard. This is a keyboard-based method that accomplishes the same thing as dragging the scroll bar upwards.
- Android Details
Size: 13M Rating: 3.9 Version: 188.8.131.52 Content Rating: 3+ Author: Cerulean Studios, LLC Installs: 500,000+
- iOS Details
Size: 21.1 MB Rating: 4.2 Version: 6.3.16 Content Rating: 4+ Author: Cerulean Studios, LLC Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.3 and watchOS 3.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Languages: English, Bulgarian, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Ukrainian
iOS (iPhone, iPad):