Google Earth App Review
Google Earth is a virtual reality app where users can explore the earth in real-time. Google Earth navigates the device, so users can explore the earth by simply moving their fingers across the screen.
Users can explore the earth using either satellite imagery or street view. Users can also explore the earth on the ground level by using the panorama mode. Google Earth is available for free on the iOS and Android app stores.
Explore the whole world from above with satellite imagery and 3D terrain of the entire globe and 3D buildings in hundreds of cities around the world. Zoom to your house or anywhere else then dive in for a 360° perspective with Street View. See the world from a new point of view with Voyager, a collection of guided tours from BBC Earth, NASA, National Geographic, and more. And now, visualize the immersive maps and stories you’ve created with Google Earth on the web on your mobile device.
Google Earth Facts
- The Google Earth app is a virtual globe that shows the Earth’s surface, a map, or a terrain.
- It is a software application developed by Keyhole, Inc. and Earth Viewer Inc. and was originally released on July 27, 2001.
- Keyhole made Google Earth help people better understand the world.
- As the Google Earth app is used, it updates the satellite’s view of the Earth.
- Different layers include various pieces of media like photos and videos related to a location
- Crowd-sourced information works with certain features like those related to traffic and commercial details
- Industry-leading technology and capability for navigation and terrain study
Users don't like:
- Certain features may only be available or compatible with browser-based or desktop versions
- Images created with Google Earth’s satellite data are considered copyrighted to Google Earth
- It only allows non-commercial and personal use of images created with Google Earth
Why to choose/Best for:
- Simulations, filters, and integration with third-party software among the many flexible capabilities the software offers
- Smartphone, desktop and browser-based versions make this an incredibly accessible application
- Customized layers can be created by each user or shared with communities to showcase different locations or ways to use the application’s features
- Get App
- Google Earth FAQ
Google Earth FAQ
How do I find the Carmen Sandiego game?
Where on Google Earth is Carmen Sandiego” can be found within Voyager within the Games tab. Just click on the Voyager ship wheel icon, then Games, and then Where on Google Earth is Carmen Sandiego”.
Why did you make the new Google Earth a web app?
Classic desktop Earth must be downloaded and installed on your Windows, Mac, or Linux computer. By making new Earth a web app (on Chrome, for now) it can be used on most computers including Chromebooks, without a download. Being on the web makes it easier for us to make updates and ensure you’re using the most up to date product. Plus, it makes it easier for you to share your own experiences with Google Earth by using a simple link.
Which phones and versions can use the new Google Earth?
Google Earth requires Android 4.1 (Jellybean) or higher and works best with newer phones and tablets running Android 4.4+ (Kitkat). For iOS users, the new Google Earth requires iOS 9 or higher and works best with newer phones and tablets.
- Android Details
Size: Varies with device Rating: 4.4 Version: Varies with device Content Rating: 3+ Author: Google LLC Installs: 100,000,000+
- iOS Details
Size: 222.2 MB Rating: 4.2 Version: 9.3.23 Content Rating: 4+ Author: Google LLC Compatibility: Requires iOS 12.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Languages: English, Afrikaans, Amharic, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bulgarian, Cambodian, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Mongolian, Nepali, Norwegian, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Singhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Zulu
iOS (iPhone, iPad):
This is a great app but some of the photos were outdated👍Rlly reccomend this app it is great
This app, I thought was perfect – until I used the 3D effect, It doesn’t work!!!
I fell in love with Google Earth the very first time I got on it! I’ve loved maps ever since I was a young child. That said you can imagine my excitment when I stumbled upon interactive maps.
I thanks to google providing this apps. I love this app because it’s resolves several problems of navigation.
I love flying around the world & seeing things I’ll never be able to see in person, like the tundra in Siberia, or the middle of a desert. Also, you can get a bird’s-eye view of property you’re thinking about buying or renting. If there’s a cliff in the back yard where you want to put a pool, you don’t have to waste your time touring the place!