YouTube App Review
See what the world is watching – from the hottest music videos to what’s trending in gaming, entertainment, news, and more. Subscribe to channels you love, share with friends, and watch on any device.
- Quality official content.
- Accessible on every platform.
- Easy to navigate the website.
- Nearly endless videos.
Users don't like:
- User content varies in quality.
- The video and channel managers labeled the “Creator’s Studio,” is not always clear on what everything does and is sometimes difficult to navigate. The algorithm that handles copyright enforcement can also be an issue, sometimes flagging your videos for various reasons, and causing you to have to contest the claim.
- If you manage to gather a following for your videos, you can monetize your videos to start making money from your viewers watching and clicking ads. This is not very useful if you don’t have a large number of views per video and can cause you to pay more than you are paying to have access to AdSense if you have a small number of views.
Why to choose/Best for:
- Free video uploading and sharing.
- Video content of nearly every genre.
- Subscription offers high production value content.
- AdSense accounts can create revenue from views.
- Get App
- YouTube FAQ
My video upload is stuck in processing. What do I do?
Sorry, that’s happening! Although video processing shouldn’t take longer than a few hours, there are a few reasons why your video might be stuck in the upload process, these could be:
- Too large of a file: If the file is too large, it could take a long time to upload. To fix this, try encoding your videos one of these recommended formats. For example, if you try to upload a 1GB video file with 512kbps uplink speed, it may take over 4 hours to upload.
- Your internet connection: Slow or unstable internet can make it tough to upload videos. Or, you may be trying to upload during peak hours. Tip: you can make a simple diagnostic by running a speed test and see if the internet connection is having issues with the upload speed.
- Resolution: Higher resolution videos can take longer to upload. Note that long high resolution and FPS videos (for example, [email protected] and [email protected]) may take longer to upload and also longer to process.
If it’s been more than 8 hours, you may want to remove the video and upload it again.
How do I get the Community tab?
Good news, the Community tab is now available to all channels with over 1,000 subscribers! 😃🎉
If you recently passed the 1k subscriber milestone, it will take up to 1 week to see the Community tab on your channel – so if you don’t see it yet, you should soon!
Is it possible to restore a deleted video or YouTube channel?
Unfortunately, once you delete a video or a channel, you can’t recover it.
After you delete a video, the video will no longer be available on YouTube. The video URL and title will also not be visible or searchable. If you want to watch it again, you’ll have to have a backup saved.
After you delete your channel, you’ll permanently delete your content, including videos, comments, messages, playlists, and history. This can only be done on a desktop computer (not a mobile device) and there are multiple steps required to confirm you want to permanently delete your channel (since there’s no going back!).
- Android Details
Size: Varies with device Rating: 4.1 Version: Varies with device Content Rating: 12+ Author: Google LLC Installs: 5,000,000,000+
- iOS Details
Size: 224.2 MB Rating: 4.7v Version: 15.17 Content Rating: 17+ Author: Google LLC Compatibility: Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV. Languages: English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Amharic, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cambodian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Kirghiz, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Mongolian, Nepali, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Singhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Uzbek, Vietnamese, Zulu
iOS (iPhone, iPad):