Snapchat App Review
Snapchat is a fast and fun way to share the moment with friends and family 👻
- It is quite easy to get started with Snapchat
- You are safe and secure
- It has a user-friendly interface
- The amazing face filters
- You can use “geofilters” with the application
- You can share your moments with the social circle.
- It can help your business grow and shine by promoting products
- You can create and display content that you wouldn’t post on any other platform
Users don't like:
- The Snapchat audience is limited
- Stories you share are available only for a limited timespan
- It hides real identities through filters
- It has a video time constraint
- It is not an ideal platform for marketing
Why to choose/Best for:
- Create & manage campaigns
- Video streaming
- Instant messaging
- Creative library
- Get App
- Snapchat FAQ
How to Use Snapchat
Friends Screen 👯
Swipe right from the Camera to go to the Friends screen! Here, you’ll find your friends’ Snaps, Stories, and Chats — all in one place 😎
- Friends List: Your friends show up based on who you keep in touch with the most and who’s reached out to you most recently.
- Watch a Story: If a friend has updated their Story, they’ll have a circular preview next to their name. To watch a Story, just tap it! If there’s no preview, you’re all up to date. You can also watch friends’ Stories on the Discover screen.
- Rewatch a Story: Tap a Bitmoji on the Friends screen to view their Friendship Profile, then tap their circular Story to watch.
- Up Next: After you watch a friend’s story, you’ll see a preview of your next friend’s story! Tap the screen to watch the next Story, swipe to skip it, or swipe down to exit.
- Group Stories: Group Chats automatically have their own Group Story! Anyone in the Group Chat can add to it and save it.
- Games: Jump into a game with your friends and chat while you play! Learn more about Games.
Profile Screen 👤
Tap your Profile icon at the top to go to your Profile screen. Here, you can manage your Stories, add friends, update your settings, and more!
- Stories: This is where you can add Snaps to Stories, manage them, see who’s viewed them, or delete Snaps from your Story. You can also view and manage all the active Snaps you’ve submitted to Our Story — which can show up on Snap Map and elsewhere around Snapchat.
- Profile Notifications: See a yellow dot on your Profile icon? Tap it to see updates like new Story views, friend requests, and more!
Send To Screen 📲
We’ve made it easier to find and send Snaps to your Best Friends, groups of friends, and newest friends!
- Best Friends: The people you Snap and Chat are front-and-center on the Send To screen. You can now have up to eight Best Friends at a time!
- Stories: At the top of the Send To screen, you’ll see all the Stories you can add to — including My Story, Our Story, Group Stories, and more!
Discover Screen 🌎
Swipe left from the Camera to open Discover. You’ll find Shows, Publisher content, and Snaps and Stories from people you follow, creators, and the community. It’s all personalized for you!
- Stories from Friends: You can view friends’ Stories at the top of Discover! Just tap to view the next Snap in a Story, or swipe to skip to the next Story.
- Subscribing: Really feeling something on Discover? Just press and hold on a Story tile, then tap ‘Subscribe’! Those Stories will show up near the top of your Discover page, and you should see more content like it.
- Discover More: Discover now includes Stories from the Snap Map, Stories automatically created from Snaps submitted to Our Story, and more.
- Public Stories: Discover can also feature Stories that Snapchatters you know have set to public or Stories from Snapchatters you follow.
- Popular Stories: Trending Stories can now appear on the Discover screen. You can even subscribe to ones you really like!
- Categories and Shows: Tap the category buttons, such as ‘Beauty,’ ‘Sports,’ ‘Shows,’ etc., to see more Stories and Shows you’ll like.
- Reporting: If you ever need to report a Snap found on the Discover screen, just press and hold on it and tap the 🏴 button.
- Unsubscribing: If you don’t really vibe with a Story on Discover, just press and hold on it, then tap ‘See less like this.’ You should then see fewer Stories like this one on Discover!
Create a Snapchat Account
You need to create a Snapchat account before you can use the app. Learn how to download the Snapchat app, create a Snapchat username, and get started.
To create a Snapchat account…
- Download Snapchat for iOS
or download Snapchat for Android 📲
- Open the app and tap ‘Sign Up’ to create a new Snapchat account 📝
- Enter your name and tap ‘Sign Up & Accept.’ Then enter your birthday 🎂
- Create a Snapchat username 🤔
You can’t change your Snapchat username later, so choose wisely!
- Choose a secure password 💪
We recommend making your password 10 characters or longer so it’s extra strong.
- Enter your phone number and verify it for account security 📞
You can also tap ‘sign up with email instead’ if you don’t want to use your phone number.
- Find your friends 👯
You can allow access to your contacts to add your friends easily.
Create a Snap
Create a Photo or Video Snap
Ready, set, SNAP 📷
Here are the basics of Snapping:
- Tap the Camera button 🔘 to take a photo Snap.
- Press and hold the Camera button 🔘 to create a video Snap.
- Tap 🔄 to switch between the selfie and rear-facing Camera.
Pro Tip 💡 You can also double-tap the screen to switch cameras!
- Tap ⚡️ to enable or disable flash.
Take your Snap to the next level — learn how to use Lenses, Filters, and add personal style with Creative Tools 🎨
When your Snap masterpiece is ready, send it to your friends and Stories!
Need more than 10 seconds to capture the moment? Long Snap lets you capture continuous video Snaps.
Press and hold the Camera button 🔘 to take a Long Snap — keep holding to keep the Snap going!
When you’re done, the Long Snap will appear at the bottom of the Camera screen where you can edit it, add a filter, and use Creative Tools.
To edit a Long Snap…
- Tap on the Snap and drag the edges to trim it
- Tap the scissors ✂️ and drag up to split the Snap
- If you split the Snap, you can tap ✖️to remove segments
- Use Creative Tools, too! They’re applied to every Snap 🎨
When you’re done, save your Long Snap to Memories or send it to a friend or Story. Keep in mind, you can’t separate out a single Snap from a Long Snap.
Long Snaps can’t be looped, reversed, or include 3D stickers at the moment 😬
If you’re having trouble sending a Long Snap to a Story, you can save it to your Memories and try resending each Snap individually.
Please Note: Long Snap may not be available on some devices 😓
Looking for a different way to capture a Snap? Tap on the Camera screen and select a Camera Mode.
Camera Modes include:
- Focus Mode — focus on a face with a depth-of-field effect.
- Timer — set a timer delay for the perfect group Snap.
- Grid — align a Snap with grid lines.
- Multi Snap — capture multiple Snaps at once and edit them.
- 3D — take a 3D selfie and add 3D effects. Move your phone to change the perspective!
Please Note: Snaps with 3D are only supported on certain iOS devices.
Use Multi Snap to catch that fast action shot or choose the perfect selfie 😁
Multi Snap lets you take multiple photos or video Snaps quickly so you can review and edit them individually — choose the best ones to send or save!
To take a Multi Snap…
- Tap on the Camera screen and tap folder
- Tap or hold the Camera button + repeatedly to take multiple photos and video Snaps
- Tap ‘Review and Edit’
- Tap a Snap to edit it, or tap ✖️ to remove it
When you’re done, tap download at the bottom to save your Snaps to Memories, or tap send to send them to a friend or a Story!
- Android Details
Size: 60M Rating: 4.4 Version: 10.80.5.0 Content Rating: 12+ Author: Snap Inc Installs: 1,000,000,000+
- iOS Details
Size: 195.1 MB Rating: 3.8 Version: 10.81.0.71 Content Rating: 12+ Author: Snap, Inc. Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5S, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone SE (1st generation), iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone SE (2nd generation), iPad Air, iPad Air Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (9.7‑inch), iPad Pro (9.7‑inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (10.5‑inch), iPad Pro (10.5‑inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi‑Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11‑inch), iPad Pro (11‑inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (3rd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini (5th generation), iPad mini (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (3rd generation), iPad Air (3rd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (7th generation), iPad (7th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (11‑inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro (11‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (4th generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (4th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, and iPod touch. Languages: English, Arabic, Bengali, Danish, Dutch, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Urdu, Vietnamese
iOS (iPhone, iPad):
Messangers compare table:
|Telegram||Viber||FB Messenger||Skype||Google Hangouts||Kik||Snapchat||Signal|
|Origin Country||Russia||United States||United States||Israel||United States||Estonia||United States||China||Germany||United States||United States|
|Company/Owner||Telegram FZ-LL||Apple Inc.||WhatsApp Inc.||Viber Media S.à r.l.||Skype||Google LLC||Kik Interactive||Snap Inc||Signal Foundation|
|Platforms||Android, iOS, and Desktop||iOS||Android, iOS, and Desktop||Android, iOS, and Desktop||Android, iOS, Desktop and Web||Android, iOS, and Desktop||Android, iOS, and Web||Android and iOS||Android and iOS||Android and iOS||Android and iOS|
|Open-source(code and server)||CLosed Sourse Code for server part and Open-Sourse for protocol and clients app||No||No||No||No||No||No||No||Yes||No||Yes|
|Location Identification||Asks user for access||Asks user for access||Asks user for access||Asks user for access||Asks user for access||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Asks user for access||No|
|The Provider is not able to block a user account||is Able/Blocking||No||is Able/Blocking||is Able/Blocking||is Able/Blocking||is Able/Blocking||is Able/Blocking||is Able/Blocking||is Able/Blocking||is Able/Blocking||is Able/Blocking|
the application is very good