Quip App Review
Quip is an app for smartphones, tablet computers, and desktop computers. It allows users to collaborate on documents. They can also convert the documents into PDF, Word, or PowerPoint format.
Quip has a chat feature to communicate with team members. Users can invite coworkers to join their team, create new teams, and invite team members to chat. Quip also has a document library, where users can store files.
Quip mobile app usability
- Quip is a communication app for teams that includes a chat interface, document editor, and document library.
- The chat interface includes a search function.
- Documents can be found via a document library that includes a search function.
- Documents can be shared with team members from the document library.
- Files can be uploaded from a computer via a synchronized folder.
- The document editor includes a word count and a spell check function.
- Quips increase productivity by about 46%. When your productivity goes up, so does your profitability, and in the end, Quips are more often than not an investment that is worth it
- Quips are highly collaborative and can be worked on or viewed by multiple people at once. This makes it possible to cover the amount of ground you would in a full meeting remotely over Quip
- There is a lot of information that can go onto a Quip. You can utilize things like spreadsheets, pie charts, and everything in between
Users don't like:
- Quips can tend to get cluttered with information if you have too many people working on or viewing them all at one time
- There are many things that you could get done in a meeting in person that you cannot over a Quip. For example, while Quips are collaborative, there is less of a social aspect to Quips and meeting someone over a Quip would not be a good beginning to a business relationship
- There are already certain software programs that provide some of the features that Quips provides, although it is still nice to have them all in one place
Why to choose/Best for:
- Quips allow for a high level of collaboration
- Several workers can access a Quip at any given time
- Quip allows you to put all sorts of visual representations of data onto one sheet together
- You can have charts, graphs, spreadsheets, text, and much more all on one sheet
- Because you can access all of this data from your Quip, Quips can easily become the centralized hub from which you conduct a lot of your business, depending on your industry
- Get App
- Quip FAQ
How to Broadcast Messages in Quip
Looking for a way to share an important message to a variety of people in a document or chat? In this article, you will learn several easy and effective ways to communicate with your greater team!
Quip provides users a multitude of options in terms of broadcasting messages. Are you familiar with the functionality that the almighty @ key provides? If not, check out that great article! By utilizing the @ key in a document, document’s conversation pane, in-line comment or chat you can easily broadcast a message to your intended audience. When you type @Everyone in any of the aforementioned product elements you will be sending a notification to every person that the document or chat is shared with.
What is Focus Mode in Quip?
As you know, Quip is a great place to not only complete your work but also to talk with colleagues about your various projects and responsibilities. In some cases though, reducing the distractions of messages, updates, and @mentions can help you to stay on track to get your work done faster. We totally get it! That’s why we created Focus Mode.
Focus Mode is a great way to benefit from all the documents, spreadsheets, and slide functionality that you’re used to, while hiding elements of the tool that may cause distractions while you’re on a deadline. Focus mode is incredibly easy to turn on!
Does Quip have a Document Outline?
We get it! Documents can get so long and you may never find what you’re looking for again. Don’t worry- Quip has launched the Document Outline 2.0, which automatically appears on your documents as soon as you add your headings.
Quip’s document outlines scans headings in your document to create a table of contents based on those headings. This will help your team find their way around lengthy documents by summarizing the content structure and providing anchor links to headings.
You’ll notice on the right-hand side of your document, that you’ll see the small blue dot. Simply hovering over the blue dot will expand your document outline. This will allow you to easily navigate your document from anywhere within your doc.
By clicking on the outline itself, you can ensure that it stays visible on your document at all times. This can be helpful when pinpointing particular document elements that are most important to you.
Format your Cell Borders
You asked for it, you got it: Now you can enable, disable, and apply colors to the borders of cells within your spreadsheet. It’s a helpful way to make visual sense of complex data, or just make your spreadsheets look nicer.
- Select the range of cells you want to change the borders of.
- Click on the cell borders button up in the toolbar. (It looks like a little grid—see the animation below.)
- Choose the color you want the borders to be, and where along the cells you want them to appear.
- Android Details
Size: Varies with device Rating: 4.0 Version: 7.10.1 Content Rating: 3+ Author: Quip, Inc. Installs: 500,000+
- iOS Details
Size: 68,5 МБ Rating: 4,8 Version: 7.10.0 Content Rating: 4+ Author: Quip, Inc. Compatibility: Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Turkish
iOS (iPhone, iPad):