MeetMe App Review
MeetMe helps you find new people nearby who share your interests and want to chat NOW! It’s fun, friendly, and free!
MeetMe is a social networking app for meeting new people. It was founded in 2009 and created to help people find friends and relationships. The app allows users to sign in to the app and use the different features. Users can create a profile and then view other profiles that are in their area. They can also search for people by interests and hobbies, and the app will find other users that match these criteria and give them a list of names and photos.
The app is designed to make it easier for users to meet others. It provides a way for people to show interest in others and for others to show interest back. The app also features a chat function and a video chat function. The chat and video chat functions allow users to chat and then video chat, and there is a limit for how often users can chat and video chat.
The app is available for both Android and iOS. It has been rated as a 4.5-star app. MeetMe has a user base of more than 80 million people. It is available in more than 200 countries and more than 30 languages.
- Free to join
- iOS, Android, and Windows apps available in addition to the website
- Can view live many different video streams and start your own one on one or one to many video stream
- Chat messages can be sent to and received from all members, regardless of their subscription status
Users don't like:
- Because the profile does not contain very detailed information, search options are also somewhat limited
- Mobile app and website contains many ads unless you upgrade your membership
- Profile information is relatively basic and doesn’t offer the opportunity to get to know people on a deeper level
Why to choose/Best for:
- You should go ahead and create your own personal profile, which will signify your presence as a user of this website. In order to register for a profile, you need to give out your email address and create a username
- Uploading Your Photos
- After registering your profile and uploading pictures, it would be best to begin entering in some background information about you so that other members can get a sense of who you are
- MeetMe allows you to make and update your personal status as often or as seldom as you would like to show other members what’s going on with you
- Live Feed
- You can also let other users know what your current status is in terms of whether you are single, dating someone, or are in a serious relationship
- If you would like to verify your profile to show other members that you are real and aren’t making this information up, you can do so by connecting your Facebook account to your MeetMe profile
- Get App
- MeetMe FAQ
What can I do here?
MeetMe is different from other social networks. On MeetMe, you can:
- Browse the Meet section to find great people near you
- Chat in real-time
- Find out what everyone’s talking about in Feed
So, jump right in, set up your profile, and make some new friends today!
How do I contact MeetMe?
If you see inappropriate content or behavior on MeetMe, please click the “Report Abuse” icon found in the top right-hand corner of the meetme.com website. In the next screen that comes up, indicate what you saw that was inappropriate, and click the red “Submit” button at the bottom of the screen.
If using the MeetMe iPhone app, tap the “Report” button in the top right to send in a report. Or, on the Android app, tap the Menu button on the device followed by “Report”.
What is MeetMe?
MeetMe is, simply put, where friends meet! MeetMe uses an array of social discovery applications in order to connect you to our incredible and friendly members, making us the best place to make friends and meet new people near you!
I forgot my password. What can I do?
Go to the Forgot Password page and enter your email address. Instructions for resetting your password will be emailed to you.
- Android Details
Size: 53M Rating: 3.9 Version: 126.96.36.1995 Content Rating: 18+ Author: MeetMe.com Installs: 50,000,000+
- iOS Details
Size: 417.8 MB Rating: 4.2 Version: 14.12.1 Content Rating: 17+ Author: MeetMe, Inc. Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Languages: English, Bengali, Dutch, French, German, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
iOS (iPhone, iPad):
Messangers compare table:
|Telegram||Viber||FB Messenger||Skype||Google Hangouts||Kik||Snapchat||Signal|
|Origin Country||Russia||United States||United States||Israel||United States||Estonia||United States||China||Germany||United States||United States|
|Company/Owner||Telegram FZ-LL||Apple Inc.||WhatsApp Inc.||Viber Media S.à r.l.||Skype||Google LLC||Kik Interactive||Snap Inc||Signal Foundation|
|Platforms||Android, iOS, and Desktop||iOS||Android, iOS, and Desktop||Android, iOS, and Desktop||Android, iOS, Desktop and Web||Android, iOS, and Desktop||Android, iOS, and Web||Android and iOS||Android and iOS||Android and iOS||Android and iOS|
|Open-source(code and server)||CLosed Sourse Code for server part and Open-Sourse for protocol and clients app||No||No||No||No||No||No||No||Yes||No||Yes|
|Location Identification||Asks user for access||Asks user for access||Asks user for access||Asks user for access||Asks user for access||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Asks user for access||No|
|The Provider is not able to block a user account||is Able/Blocking||No||is Able/Blocking||is Able/Blocking||is Able/Blocking||is Able/Blocking||is Able/Blocking||is Able/Blocking||is Able/Blocking||is Able/Blocking||is Able/Blocking|