Hola VPN App Review
Hola VPN is a mobile VPN app that can be used to get access to websites and services blocked in specific countries. Hola has a free browser extension that will allow users to visit blocked sites. The app is available for desktop and mobile devices. Hola VPN can be used to get around geo-blocks, watch region-locked content, protect privacy, and improve anonymity. The extension is compatible with Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Opera, and all mobile browsers. It is possible to use Hola VPN for free, but a subscription is required for service. Hola VPN has a user-friendly and easy-to-use interface. The app can be downloaded from the Google Play Store.
- Fairly easy to set up and use
- Unblocks some websites (many are for paid users only)
- Fast enough to stream 4K video
Users don't like:
- Doesn’t work with Netflix or torrenting
- The free version doesn’t use encryption
- Sells free user bandwidth to premium users
- Monitors & logs all your online activity
Why to choose/Best for:
- Switch countries with ease
- Freedom to view applications and websites from around the world
- Get App
- Hola VPN FAQ
Hola VPN FAQ
What is Hola VPN?
Hola VPN’s goal is to make the Internet faster, more open, and cheaper to operate. Hola VPN is a collaborative (P2P) internet — Hola VPN works by sharing the idle resources of its users for the benefit of all. Hola VPN provides several products based on this resource sharing technology:
- Hola VPN’s free VPN network allows consumers to browse the web without restrictions using a community-powered (Peer-to-Peer) VPN. Hola VPN is used by over 160 million people!
- Hola VPN’s VPN PLUS extends the benefits of its Free VPN to more sites and more platforms, such as mobile devices, SmartTVs, game consoles, etc. Hola VPN PLUS uses a dedicated network of high-performance servers.
What is a community-powered (Peer-to-Peer) VPN?
Hola VPN is the first community powered (Peer-to-Peer) VPN, where users help other users make the web worldwide again. This means that Hola VPN routes your traffic through other peers (nodes) in the Hola VPN network, as opposed to routing through power-hungry costly servers. This allows Hola VPN to provide you with a superior VPN service with minimal underlying costs. Using real peers to route your traffic rather than proxy servers means that Hola VPN is harder to detect and block. Currently, Hola VPN runs in a hybrid mode – combining traditional VPN architecture and peer-to-peer technology. Chrome browser extension and Opera browser add-on operate as a standard VPN service and are not part of the Hola VPN peer-to-peer network
Is Hola VPN free?
Hola VPN is free for private (non-commercial) use on PC, Mac, and Android, and requires a subscription on iOS.
For commercial use of proxies all over the world, we recommend Luminati service. The Hola VPN peer-to-peer architecture makes Hola VPN free. However, some users may prefer not to contribute their idle resources to the Hola VPN network, and thus can join the Hola VPN PLUS service, which lets you use Hola VPN without your idle resources being used in return
About Hola VPN PLUS subscription:
- Check out our premium page for a list of available subscriptions, with a 30-day money-back guarantee policy
- It helps fund our efforts to make the internet better!
- You are never used as a peer
- You can use your PLUS membership on up to 10 devices by signing in to hola.org in each platform (you must be signed in to hola.org for the PLUS membership to take effect)
- Sign up for Hola VPN PLUS
Which operating systems, browsers, and devices can I use Hola VPN on?
- Android Details
Size: Varies with device Rating: 4.4 Version: Varies with device Content Rating: 3+ Author: Hola VPN Ltd. Installs: 50,000,000+
- iOS Details
Size: 27.5 MB Rating: 3.5 Version: 2.23 Content Rating: 17+ Author: Hola Networks Ltd. Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Languages: English
iOS (iPhone, iPad):