Google Maps App Review
Google Map is a navigational service developed and published by Google.
The service allows users to explore and find their location and allows them to search for businesses and points of interest.
Google Maps offers Street View, satellite view, and tilt the map in three dimensions. Google Maps also provides walking directions and other features such as traffic information and public transport timetables.
The app offers turn-by-turn navigation.
Over 220 countries and territories mapped and hundreds of millions of businesses and places on the map. Get real-time GPS navigation, traffic, and transit info, and explore local neighbourhoods by knowing where to eat, drink and go – no matter what part of the world you’re in.
You can use it in English in the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, France, Ireland, South Africa, India, Singapore, Mexico, Belgium, New Zealand, Ireland, Italy, Spain, Portugal, the Netherlands, Denmark, Finland, Switzerland, Czech Republic, Norway, Sweden, Chile, Brazil, Hong Kong, Japan, Germany, Austria, Luxembourg, Guatemala, Honduras, Salvador, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Colombia, Chile, Ecuador, Argentina, Panama, Paraguay, Uruguay, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Uzbekistan, Bulgaria, Croatia, Slovakia, Hungary, Serbia, Macedonia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Slovenia, Cyprus, Finland, Romania, Slovakia, Belarus, Ukraine, Luxembourg, Belarus, Ukraine, Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Portugal, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Serbia, Cyprus, Romania, Ukraine, Luxembourg, Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Portugal, Netherlands, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Serbia, Cyprus, Romania, Ukraine.
Google Maps facts
- It is currently in use in 191 countries.
- It provides you with directions in the form of text, in addition to traffic, travel time, and suggested routes.
- It uses your phone’s location to find out where you are related to what you are searching for.
- Content managers can label locations to provide more information about them.
- It also uses the data of NASA.
- It has the ability to provide you with walking directions but is not available in all locations.
- It is supported on iOS, Android, desktop, Xbox One, the Xbox 360, and the PlayStation 3.
- It can provide you with restaurants, grocery stores, coffee shops, shops, parking lots, parks, banks, pharmacies, gas stations, hospitals, metro stations, bus stops, train stations, airports, and tourist attractions.
- It allows you to pan, zoom, and tilt with your device or mouse.
- It can give you directions that are optimized for walking, biking, public transit, or driving.
- It shows you live traffic by using images of traffic cameras.
- It can also provide you with real-time journey information, which can work even without an internet connection.
- By looking at the “view larger” icon on the map, you are able to see the satellite imagery in more detail.
- It has the ability to share locations with your friends by using your phone’s messaging system.
- It has the ability to provide translations but can’t do so in all languages.
- Google maps eliminate the need to use an actual map to try to chart out your course ahead of time. With Google Maps you just need to have a device on you that can support it
- Google Maps tells you the fastest routes and how to get onto them, giving you instructions on where to turn as you go about your trip
- Google Maps will tell you if there is heavy traffic or construction up ahead, so you can know what parts of town to avoid driving in
Users don't like:
- If you are driving with Google Maps and have many streets coming at you as you drive, but missed your turn, it may constantly refresh itself giving you directions to streets you have already passed. This is not too much of a concern in small towns but can affect some big cities, which may confuse people driving there
- Some addresses on Google Maps are incorrect and there are errors in some of the mapping, especially in more rural areas. This can lead to a lot of confusion when trying to get places
- Google Maps can eat up your device’s battery, so you may have to bring a car charger for longer trips if you wish to navigate with Google Maps for the entire time
Why to choose/Best for:
- Google Maps shows you where traffic and construction are ahead of you so you can know what streets to avoid driving down
- It also tells you how that affects total travel time
- Google Maps allows you to see how long it will take to travel somewhere walking, driving, or mass transit
- You can easily switch between all three options
- Google Maps will suggest routes for you when you put in a destination you are trying to reach, giving you the fastest but often coming up with multiple options
- Get App
- Google Maps FAQ
Google Maps FAQ
Change your name & photo
Your name and photo appear at the top of your Maps profile.
To change your name and photo:
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Maps app.
- Tap Contribute View your profile Edit name & photo.
- Enter your name or choose a photo.
- Tap Save.
Important: When you change your name and photo, the change is reflected across all Google products that you use.
Ask a question
- On your computer, open Google.
- Search for a place.
- Under the information card for the place on the right side, click “Ask a question” next to the “Questions & Answers” section.
- Optional: To edit or delete your question, click More click Edit or Delete.
When your question is answered, you’ll get a notification if you have an Android device.
- Android Details
Size: Varies with device Rating: 4.3 Version: Varies with device Content Rating: 3+ Author: Google LLC Installs: 5,000,000,000+
- iOS Details
Size: 199.7 MB Rating: 4.7 Version: 5.45 Content Rating: 4+ Author: Google LLC Compatibility: Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
iOS (iPhone, iPad):
Horrible. Google doesn’t seem to care about fixing this app.
The app keeps freezing.
I have frequent issues with losing the gps signal.
I used to LOVE using this app.
Even though I constantly make sure I’m going the right way, it never fails to flip around and send me the other way when you pull out the map of the parking lot. However, it works remarkably well for the most part, and a lot of that is probably due to either my phone provider or the map