Flickr App Review
Flickr is a mobile app that acts as a social network with a deep focus on sharing photos. With the app, you’ll be able to easily upload new photos to your Flickr account, and you’ll also be able to make minor edits to your images.
The Flickr mobile app allows you to take pictures and upload them to your account. You can also upload pictures from your camera roll, using tags to organize them. It also allows you to browse your photos and comment on them using Instagram-like filters.
You can also explore the photos from other people on the network and view your Flickr contacts’ photos.
What’s more, you can upload videos onto the app, as well as a favorite, follow, and chat with photographers. The app helps you find photos of specific people and locate photos that share a particular theme. You can also send and receive private messages and add people to your contacts list.
All of your photos are automatically uploaded and stored on Flickr. If you are a novice photographer, you can use the Mobile app to take and learn from the latest trends.
- Mobile Photo Sharing and Viewing
- Free 1,000GB Account
Users don't like:
- Requires Internet Connection
Why to choose/Best for:
- Editing Functions
- Online Photo Sharing
- Get App
- Flickr FAQ
Reasons to upgrade to Flickr Pro
Flickr Pro lets you enjoy an ad-free haven to store, share, and enjoy artwork among a community of industry experts and photography aficionados.
Perks of a Flickr Pro subscription
- Unlimited Storage. The only limit is your imagination. All Pros may now upload as many photos as you can take, always at full resolution.
- Ad-Free Browsing. Focus on what matters with a fully ad-free Flickr experience for you and your visitors.
- Advanced Stats. See which of your photos are trending now, and which have performed the best over the life of your Flickr Pro account.
- Partner Discounts.
- Annual Pro members get two complimentary months ($20 value) of the Adobe Creative Cloud Photography plan
- 20% off the Priime Lightroom preset bundle, based on film aesthetics with more than 100 variations
- With a 1 year subscription, you get 1 $35 Blurb photo book coupon per year (minimum $70 order)
- A Unique Pixsy plan for Flickr Pro customers: 1,000 monitored images, standard scanning priority, unlimited case submission, 10 takedown notices
- Stats on your photo views
- Ad-free browsing and sharing on Flickr
- Desktop Uploadr for automatically backing-up images
- Ability to use specific commercial activity to promote your business and products
Plus all these great new Pro-only features:
- Premier Product Support. Skip the line. Flickr Pros now receive priority assistance from our new world-class support team. Available now.
- More Partner Discounts. Save on photography essentials. Discounts on Creative Cloud from Adobe, 20% off the Priime Lightroom preset bundle, gear from Peak Design, and more.
- Advanced Stats on Mobile. Stats in your pocket. All the photo stats you know and love, available in the app.
- Increased Exposure. All-Pro members as of January 1, 2019, are eligible for priority exposure in the next iteration of Explore.
- New 6K Photo Display Option. Look your best. Your images are beautifully optimized for any screen, from smartphone to jumbotron. Pro images display at resolutions up to 6K.
- 10-Minute Videos. More time to tell your story. Playback videos for up to 10 minutes, increased from 3.
SafeSearch is a feature that allows you to control what turns up in your searches on Flickr, and it’s on for everyone by default.
Note – If your login ID is based in Singapore, Hong Kong, India, Korea, or Maktoob.com, you’ll only be able to view safe content based on your local Terms (updated). This means you won’t be able to turn SafeSearch off. If your login ID is based in Germany or Romania, you’re not able to view restricted content due to your local Terms (updated).
Levels of SafeSearch
- If you’re not signed in to Flickr, SafeSearch is always on.
- If you’re signed in and under 18, you can select SafeSearch on or moderate.
- If you’re signed in and over 18, you can select SafeSearch on, off, or at a “moderate” setting.
You can set a default SafeSearch level that you’d like to use (if you’re signed in). You can also change this setting per search via the Advanced Search page.
SafeSearch filters also apply when you’re browsing Flickr-hosted images or videos. For example, if you browse to a web page with a Flickr-hosted photo that’s outside your SafeSearch, you won’t see the image. However, if the image or video is not hosted on Flickr, we only know it’s outside your SafeSearch if it’s flagged by a Flickr member. If you’re signed in, you have the option to click through to see it, unless the content is flagged as “restricted” and you’re under 18.
- Android Details
Size: 12M Rating: 3.8 Version: 4.14.12 Content Rating: 12+ Author: Flickr, Inc. Installs: 1,000,000+
- iOS Details
Size: 117.4 MB Rating: 4.4 Version: 4.14.4 Content Rating: 12+ Author: Flickr, Inc. Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV. Languages: English, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Vietnamese
iOS (iPhone, iPad):