FBReader App Review
FBReader is a free ebook reader. Main ebook formats: ePub (including main features of ePub3), Kindle azw3 (a.k.a. mob), fb2(.zip). Other supported formats: RTF, doc (MS Word), HTML, plain text.
Everyone wants to read books on their phone. With the FBReader app, you can read books on your phone with its various features. The FBReader app is a free, open-source e-book reader. It has some cool features that include: reading books aloud with text-to-speech, zoomable display(show larger text), customize the colors of the screen, and a built-in dictionary. The FBReader mobile app is available in over 30 languages. This app is the only app you need to read your favorite books.
- FBReader, while offering many options is simple in design, with that allowing for fast use
- FBReader has built-in Google Drive sync for the user’s files, allowing them to store their eBooks online, not taking up room on their local storage
- Books can be saved to SD card
- FBReader features an inbuilt eBook store for users to download eBooks onto their devices through the app
Users don't like:
- The user interface is confusing and ugly
Why to choose/Best for:
- Direct reading from tar, zip, gzip and bzip2 archives (multiple books in one archive are supported)
- Automatic library building
- Automatic language and character encoding detection
- Automatically generated contents table
- Embedded images support
- Footnotes/hyperlinks support
- Position indicator
- Keeps the last open book and the last read positions for all opened books between runs
- List of recent books
- Automatic hyphenations for Czech, English, Esperanto, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish and Ukrainian
- Text search
- Full-screen mode
- Screen rotation by 90, 180 and 270 degrees
- Get App
- FBReader FAQ
I do not understand. Is FBReader free or paid?
For Android and iOS, there are both free and paid versions. Free versions have some limitations, that depend on the platform. On Android, the paid version is a separate application, named FBReader Premium. On iOS, FBReader can be upgraded to the full version via in-app purchase.
Where can I buy FBReader Premium?
The only way is to use the Google Play store. We do not sell FBReader Premium directly, or via other stores, sorry.
If I purchase FBReader Premium, do I pay once? Or is it a subscription?
You pay once and have access to the Premium for an unlimited time. Please note that the purchase is per Google account. If you change the account, your purchase cannot be transferred, sorry.
- Android Details
Size: Varies with device Rating: 4.4 Version: Varies with device Content Rating: 12+ Author: FBReader.ORG Limited Installs: 10,000,000+
- iOS Details
Size: 31.9 MB Rating: 4.1 Version: 1.0.18 Content Rating: 9+ Author: FBReader.ORG Limited Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Languages: English, Czech, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Ukrainian
iOS (iPhone, iPad):