Dropbox Paper App Review
Dropbox Paper is a collaborative workspace that helps teams create and share early ideas. You can work with everything from video and images, to code and sound—all in a single place. And it comes free with Dropbox.
Dropbox Paper is an online document editor that allows you to create, collaborate, and share your work with others. The editor is also available for desktop, iOS, and Android.
Dropbox Paper offers markdown, formatting, and collaboration features so you can write and edit documents collaboratively. You can also convert your documents to PDF, HTML, or Microsoft Word.
Users can use the editor with other Dropbox apps and services, and you can import and export files from and to other services like Google Drive, Todoist, OneNote, and more.
Dropbox Paper app usability
The Dropbox Paper mobile app is a mobile version of Dropbox Paper, document creation, and collaboration tool. It is available for download on both Apple and Android devices. It provides a range of features to give users the ability to create and share documents with other users, including:
- Collaborating with other users on 100% customizable, mobile-friendly documents
- Sharing and commenting on documents with other users
- Streamlining document creation and collaboration
- Customizing the interface to suit the user’s preferences
- Integrating with other Dropbox apps to make creating and sharing content with Dropbox Paper more seamless
- Accessing all the Dropbox apps, documents, and files in one place
- Syncing all changes made to Dropbox Paper documents to the user’s computer
- It has a clean, simple interface which makes creating documents quick and easy
- Collaborating on and sharing documents is very straightforward
- The option to add rich media to documents is unique and really brings Dropbox Paper files to life
- Image galleries are attractive and adding them is a breeze
- The option to embed code directly into documents makes it a useful tool for web developers and programmers
- It provides a simple but effective task management tool
- Navigating documents is easy due to the automatically generated table of contents file
Users don't like:
- The options to italicize and underscore text are not visible in the standard formatting menu
- Adding H3s is needlessly complicated
- The options for exporting your content to other formats are rather limited
- You can’t change typefaces
Why to choose/Best for:
- Create new docs or edit existing ones, and share them with your team right from the app, so you can capture inspiration wherever you are
- Post and reply to comments, so you can keep projects moving forward even if you’re not at your desk
- See everything that’s incoming from your team—like comments, shares, and @mentions—so you can catch up while on the go
- No internet connection? You can still access, edit, and comment on your starred and recent docs—or create new docs—while offline, to keep the ideas flowing
- Get App
- Dropbox Paper FAQ
Dropbox Paper FAQ
Are my Paper docs stored in my Dropbox folders?
It depends if you’re using the old or new release of Dropbox Paper.
If you’re on the old release of Dropbox Paper, your Paper docs are stored in Paper folders in your account on paper.dropbox.com. If you’re on the new 2020 release of Dropbox Paper, your Paper docs are stored in your account on dropbox.com, with your other files and folders.
To find out if you’re using the old or new release of Dropbox Paper:
- Sign in to dropbox.com.
- Click Create a new file.
- If you see Dropbox Paper in the dropdown menu, then you’re using the new 2020 release of Dropbox Paper.
- If you don’t see Dropbox Paper in the dropdown menu, then you’re using the old release.
Do you need a Dropbox account for Paper?
Yes, you need a Dropbox account to create and open Paper docs.
If you share a Paper doc with someone who doesn’t have a Dropbox account, they’ll receive an email with a link prompting them to create a Dropbox account. Once they create an account, they can access your Paper doc.
Is Dropbox Paper free?
Yes, Dropbox Paper is free.
Do Paper docs count towards my Dropbox storage quota?
Paper docs will take up very little space in your Dropbox account—less than 100 bytes, which is less than one-30th of a standard document file.
Is there a limit on the number of Paper docs I can create?
No, there is no limit on Paper docs you can create with a Dropbox account.
Do I need to be signed in to Dropbox to access Paper?
Yes, you must be signed in to Dropbox to access Paper.
Can I access my Paper docs offline?
If you’re on the Paper mobile app, you can open and edit Paper docs offline. You must have opened them on your mobile device in the past in order for them to be accessed offline. Your offline edits will save, but you can’t sync them with other devices or share them until you’re back online.
On the web, you can’t open Paper docs if you’re offline. You can temporarily make edits in a doc that’s open in your browser, but those edits don’t save to Paper until you’re back online.
- Android Details
Size: 57M Rating: 4.3 Version: 190.1.2 Content Rating: 3+ Author: Dropbox, Inc. Installs: 1,000,000+
- iOS Details
Size: 109.6 MB Rating: 4.1 Version: 192.2 Content Rating: 4+ Author: Dropbox, Inc. Compatibility: Requires iOS 11.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Ukrainian
iOS (iPhone, iPad):