Discord App Review
Create secure chat channels to play games with friends, organize squads, find teammates, LFG, and participate in gaming communities. Whether you play Battle Royale or MOBA, FPS, or RPG, or if you follow streamers or esports, you can easily start a group chats for everything you and your gaming clan want to talk about.
Discord is a freeware VoIP service and chat app designed for video gaming communities that specializes in text, image, video, and audio communication between users in a chat channel. The application is primarily designed for use whilst gaming as a means of communication between players but has been expanded to include other uses, such as general chatting. The client is available for Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Linux, and a web clients.
The client was developed by Hammer & Chisel, a company that Dave Merrell founded in 2015. Discord was originally developed for internal use by the company’s own employees, but after seeing potential in the product, Merrell decided to launch it commercially in May 2016.
The service is primarily designed for use with video games and has the ability to synch conversations between members of a group. Users can create a server, which allows them to have custom rooms with different topics, in which up to 50,000 members can participate. Users can also have private conversations one-on-one or as a group.
Discord expanded to include other uses, such as groups of people who have a forum to chat about a certain topic and those who have a business and want a chatroom for their customers.
The chat service is free, but the service is funded by a premium service that costs $5 per month or $50 per year.
- The easy user interface provides individuals with all they need to start chatting and sharing their video gaming experiences with their friends
- With an active community and all types of additional features available for an affordable fee, more and more people can look forward to regular support and frequent updates, resulting in an ever-changing software landscape
- Discord is very easy to set up and use, requiring practically no specific software or hardware for the individual to have in order to make sure that the program works as intended
- All types of overlay features are available, allowing individuals to keep up with their friends in any gaming environment without having to worry about lag or connectivity issues
Users don't like:
- The video features are still being figured out, and individuals may not use group video chat yet. Individuals can expect a little bit of bugginess when using the video interface
- There are still a few bugs that individuals should expect when they use Discord. Some of these bugs include listing friends as online or not online when the opposite is true
Why to choose/Best for:
- Browser support and mobile app support provide individuals with an even stronger degree of utility, as there are numerous platforms on which individuals may operate the program
- Fully customizable server interface and management options, providing both visitors and owners with a full suite of options to personalize their channel experience
- This allows for a more powerful degree of interaction between friends and teammates, especially around shared groups
- Custom hotkeys allow individuals to map out their interface the way they want in order to keep up with their rotation during gameplay and conversation
- Multiple permission options allow users to customize their experience between friends and users on servers
- Get App
- Discord FAQ
How Do I Disable My Account?
If you’d like to disable your account instead of deleting it, you can do that too!
Head over to your User Settings and click edit under My Account
From there you’ll be able to disable (or delete!) your account:
Invalid Phone Number
Trying to join a server with a Phone Verification requirement? Something fishy going on here? The phone number doesn’t seem to be working?
There could be a few different issues, so let’s look at what is going on.
Discord currently uses phone verification as an anti-abuse tool. If our robo-hamsters sense something strange going on, you may be asked to complete a phone verification to log back in. Private servers can also set up a phone verification requirement for extra security.
INVALID PHONE NUMBER
If you receive the Invalid Phone Number message when you are trying to complete your verification, it could be for the following reasons:
- VOIP, Burner/Prepaid, and Landline numbers can not be used to complete verification. You must use a mobile number to verify.
- You have not correctly filled out the text entry field. Make sure that you select the correct country code for your number.
- Have an alt account, or help a friend complete their verification? Your phone has just been registered and is on timeout. Unfortunately, we can not lift this, and you will need to wait for the end of the timeout to use the number once more or use a different number to verify the account.
- Android Details
Size: 68M Rating: 4.3 Version: 23.0 Content Rating: 12+ Author: Discord Inc. Installs: 100,000,000+
- iOS Details
Size: 124.3 MB Rating: 4.8 Version: 24.0 Content Rating: 12+ Author: Discord, Inc. Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Languages: English
iOS (iPhone, iPad):