2GIS App Review
2GIS is a directory with a map and navigator. The application works without Internet connection — download the city database and use it on the plane, subway, or when in a roaming zone.
2GIS is an offline map application for iPhones, iPads, and iPods. It is one of the most popular apps in Russia, Germany, Poland, and other European countries. The app is also available in English, French, Italian, and Spanish. It’s free to download and use. 2GIS can be used to navigate, track your speed and location, and look up the nearest gas station or restaurant. You can download maps of your current location or any other place in the world. The application has a GPS and uses the Apple MapKit framework.
There are also in-app purchases for map updates.
- Fantastic icons and delightful graphics make this mapping software a pleasant, friendly alternative to the bigger names
- Familiar and easy to use. Fans of Google Maps or MapQuest will have no trouble navigating this software
- A web preview of the software is available to try for free at 2gis.com
Users don't like:
- This application is fairly undocumented, so getting help probably means sending a request directly to the author
Why to choose/Best for:
- Reviews of local businesses, including a five-star rating system
- Planning routes on public transportation
- Tan color scheme for ease of viewing
- Hooks directly into the 2GIS API to get real-time data for various map features
- Get App
- 2GIS FAQ
How can I update 2GIS?
We recommend the use of the Update Center to update the components of 2GIS (2GIS main menu → Update Center). It will help you to install and update city databases as well as additional plug-ins. When you update 2GIS via the Update Center, you save traffic because it won’t download the complete distribution package but only the differences between the installed and the new database release.
How can I delete the databases of the cities which I don’t use?
You can delete city databases via the program interface. To do it, start 2GIS, open Update Center, select the city you want to delete, and click the red [x] next to the name of the city.
- Android Details
Size: Varies with device Rating: 4.5 Version: Varies with device Content Rating: 3+ Author: DoubleGIS, LLC Installs: 50,000,000+
- iOS Details
Size: 305 MB Rating: 4.8 Version: 5.0.900 Content Rating: 4+ Author: LLC "DoubleGIS" Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 and watchOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Languages: English, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Belarusian, Czech, Georgian, Kazakh, Kirghiz, Komi, Russian, Spanish, Tajik, Turkmen, Ukrainian, Uzbek
iOS (iPhone, iPad):